Growing your own kratom can be a real challenge so there are some things you should know. The name of the plant is Mitragyna Speciosa, and it originates from Thailand, Borneo, and Vietnam. Many people wonder about the possibility to grow the plant inside the home, away from a tropical climate. This challenge can be great, and it brings a lot of troubles.
How to Grow Kratom Plant
If you live in a place such as Sumatra, kratom cultivation will not be a complicated task. On the other hand, this would not be the perfect solution. In this text, we will explain why you should think twice before doing something similar. Kratom seeds have the highest viability right after leaving a tree, and this is the perfect time for growing the plant. If you live overseas, then you would have to wait for the transport of the seeds, and that will bring problems.
Some Tips for Growing Kratom
We know the growing process can be a real issue, here are some of our recommendations:
1. Choose a moist area to cultivate live kratom. Make sure of drainage and avoid dry places.
2. Use as many seeds as possible for greater success.
3. Your kratom will need lots of sunlight; it needs a really warm and consistent climate to grow.
4. The next thing for a successful baby plant, is wind. Pick a place with a regular breeze.
5. Take care of the nutrition of the plant. Use quality fertilizers and food.
6. There is a chance to experiment with hydroponics – the indoor kratom would grow with the help of irrigation and lighting. The main issue with indoor growing is the potential of reaching up to fifty feet and being too large for indoors.
Live Kratom Plant
As for living kratom, this is a more realistic chance of keeping it alive. However, it needs a lot of protection and care. Live plants can be ordered from source producers in South Asia, and you can experiment with them in the same way. This method is easier than with seeds, but also requires constant supervision for possible infections. If you consider the legality of growing your own kratom, we are pleased to inform you that there is no reason for worry. Growing the plant is legal in most of the USA as well as in most parts of the world. The only exception is the USA in the state of Indiana.
The Possible Costs
To grow kratom plants can be a pricey challenge. This is from the conclusion of thousands of people who tried this experiment. Except for seeds or plants, you will need to purchase fertilizers, plant food, and light. In addition, you should provide space (whether indoor or outdoor) to support growth. It can cost a lot of money to adapt the space and provide all demanding conditions. You should also consider the time needed for this project. Everything leads to the conclusion that Kratom needs care and protection 24/7 to be perfect.